At the end of April I went to see Sarah close in concert with my best friend Hannah and she was absolutely AMAZING!! It reminded me that I hadn’t actually written a blog post detailing my favourite songs by youtubers in a while so I thought I would write an updated list for you guys 🙂 My old post can be found here.
- Monster- Dodie Clark
- Life of the Party- Leadley
- Why Can’t I be a Disney Princess?- Carrie Hope Fletcher
- Out from under you- Niki and Gabi
- Ladyboss- Rachel Bloom
- Who I am- Anna Clendering
- Bitch Please- Jessi Smiles
- Be Myself- Andie Case
- Empty- Olivia O’brien
- Call Me Out- Sarah Close
Let me know in the comments if you have any songs by youtubers that you think I should check out or if you have listened to any of the songs on this list 🙂
Over the summer of 2018 I started watching some Musical Theatre Youtubers and I thought that I would compile a list of some of my favourites 🙂
- JonasAlmostFamous- Jona is the second Musical Theatre youtuber that I started watching after Carrie Hope Fletcher and I actually found her because of her Hamilton videos which she usually does with her best friend Elise 🙂
- Katherine Steele- Katherine Steele is my most recent find but I love her videos- she posts reviews, reaction videos, and talks about things that are relevant to the Musical Theatre community and also is a musical theatre performer herself 🙂
- InReelLife- Stephen is a YouTuber who does videos on all things musical theatre and I’m obsessed with all of his pop culture references 😂 he loves the same musicals as me and his skits are hilarious. His ‘when ur obsessed with…..’ videos always make me laugh.
- Amy Lovatt- Amy’s videos are amazing and her voice is incredible! She posts covers from lots of different musicals, reviews, ‘types of … fans’ videos and vlogs from her trips to Broadway and her rehearsals for her different shows that she has been a part of and all things theatre so I would highly recommend her channel if you are also a big musical theatre fan 💕
- Carrie Hope Fletcher- I have watched Carrie’s videos for years and have loved seeing her behind the scenes look at some West End shows that she has been in over the years such as her Watch Me Wednesdays when she was in the Addams Family, her Veronica Vlogs from Heathers and her vlogs from Les Mis as well 🙂
Let me know in the comments if you know any Musical Theatre Youtubers that are not on this list that you think I should watch 🙂
- Carrie Hope Fletcher: https://www.instagram.com/carriehopefletcher/ – I have loved Carries Youtube videos for a while now and love her Happy and Healthy video that she uploaded quite a while ago- since playing Veronica in the Heathers UK tour Carrie has shown that in her own words: curvy girls can play sexy roles which I love 🙂
- BodyPosiPanda: https://www.instagram.com/bodyposipanda/– Megan is in recovery from Anorexia Nervosa and posts Body Positivity memes and talks about her recovery often posting videos of herself dancing with #don’thatetheshake.
- Ashley Graham: https://www.instagram.com/ashleygraham/– Ashley Graham is a ‘plus size model’ although she prefers to be known as ‘my size’ and is a massive advocate for Body Positivity. She did a ted talk all about body positivity which I would highly recommend and also was the first size 16 model to appear on the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover.
- Gracefvictory: https://www.instagram.com/gracefvictory/– Grace is a ‘plus size’ blogger, youtuber and presented ‘Clean Eatings dirty secret’ on BBC 3 in 2016. She has worked with numerous brands and also did a Ted Talk called ‘My home is this’.
- Jamella Jamil: https://www.instagram.com/i_weigh/– This is a Body Positivity movement called #IWeigh started by actress Jamella Jamil (who stars in The Good Place) and focuses on the fact that people are so much more than just their weight they are a combination of friends, family, career and so much more.
Let me know in the comments what your favourite Body Positive Instagrams are 🙂
- Marvel Cinematic Universe [Recap Rap]- The Warp Zone: I absolutely love this video by The Warp Zone because it has comedy, is so clever and is a great recap of the previous movies before Infinity War. They must have spent so much time on this video and it definitely payed off! They also have a few videos recapping individual marvel videos which I would also recommend.
- Infinity War/Hamilton Parody (Feat. RoyishGoodLooks)- OverEnglishMan: As many of you will know I am a massive Hamilton Nerd so any video that combines Hamilton and Marvel is automatically one of my favourites. This video combines The World Turned Upside Down from Hamilton and puts the Marvel Characters and their situation in Infinity War into the song which is such a clever idea and I absolutely love it and would highly recommend.
- Avengers: Infinity War Cast Tours Los Angeles with James Corden- The Late Late Show with James Corden: During their press tour for Infinity War the Marvel Cast stopped by the Late Late Show with James Corden and I absolutely love this video as it really shows the personalities of the actors in the MCU which I love.
- Hawkeye Sings About His Super Powers (Ed Sheeran “Thinking Out loud”)- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: This video is comedy genius and as an Ed Sheeran and Marvel fan I absolutely loved it. Jeremy has a surprisingly good voice and the lyrics in this song are genius.
- Marvel Character Map (Pre- Infinity War)- JonasAlmostFamous: I have watched quite a few of Jonas Character maps and I’m always so impressed, she must spend so much time writing down all of the connections, re-watching/re-reading the plots of the movies/TvShows and this one is no exception.
Let me know in the comments if you have any Marvel Videos I should watch.
1. Zoella – Zoella is one of the first people I watched on youtube and who everyone always associates with Vlogmas as she makes no secret of her love of Christmas. Her vlogs are always really long which is perfect for a cosy christmassy night in 😊 She decorates her house really early and always watches lots of christmas films and does lots of christmas themed shopping!
2. Alisha Marie – I always enjoy watching Alisha’s vlogmas videos as she is such a christmassy person that she gets me so excited! Her vlogmas intros are always AMAZING, usually include her adorable dog Chloe and are the thing that make her stand out from the others and I always get super excited when I realise that her video is up so I can see what she has done this year for her intro. I usually like to get in the Christmas mood by binge watching her last years vlogmas when its nearing the end of November 😊
3. Mark Ferris – Mark ferris is one of Zoe’s closest friends and also has a great love of Christmas 😊 he recently moved into a new flat so I’m very excited for all of his Christmas decor!
4. Ashley Nicole – Ashley is Alisha’s sister and also lives with Alisha so it is really cool seeing the two different perspectives of the same day and the two different routines mesh together 😊
5. Niki DeMar- Niki has a main channel called Niki and Gabi with her twin sister but I absolutely love seeing Niki on her side channel as she is so funny and is often at cool events 😊 she has an infectious love of Christmas and can often be found looking at Christmas decor with her boyfriend Nate and Alisha in Target 😂
6. RemLife – I have only recently started to get into Remi’s vlogs but Remi has such an infectious positivity that it’s hard not to want to watch her at this time of year 😊 She can also be found hanging out with Alisha filming their podcast pretty basic or Christmas shopping 😊
Let me know in the comments which youtubers you’re watching this vlogmas 😊
On the 1st of April I went to see Dodie Clark live at the O2 Shepards Bush and just like last time I was struck by how amazing her voice was and how talented she is 🙂 This got me thinking about some of the other talent on Youtube but this time I thought I would mix it up a bit and write a list of some of my favourite covers on Youtube 🙂
- Carrie Hope Fletcher- In a Crowd of Thousands
- Doddleoddle- Lollipop
- Bethan Leadley- Like a fool
- Alex G and Kina Grannis- Cool Kids
- Alyson Stoner and Max Schneider- Maps
- Niki DeMar- Pretty Girl
- Jon Cozart- Stitches
- Bethany Mota & KHS- Flashlight
- Alex Goot, Kurt Schneider and Chrissy Costanza – Beauty and a Beat
- Victoria Justice and Max Schneider- Maroon 5 Medley
Let me know in the comments what your favourite cover on youtube is 🙂
On the 24th of October I went to see Dodie Clark in concert and it got me thinking- there are so many people who make amazing music on youtube so I thought I would compile a list of some of my favourite songs which are sung by youtubers 🙂 I have seen a few of these people perform live including Alex G, Dodie and Bethan and they were all incredible and I would highly recommend 🙂 I tried to include 1 song from each artist to make the list slightly more interesting but definitely check out some of their other music whilst ur on their channel 🙂
- 6/10- Dodie Clark
- Standing on Tiptoes- Bethan Leadley
- Boys in books are better- Carrie Hope Fletcher
- After Ever After- Jon Cozart
- Voices- Lilly Singh
- First- Niki and Gabi
- To My Parents- Anna Clendering
- DNA- Lia Marie Johnson
- New at this- Megan and Liz
- Pretty Girls- Alyson Stoner
- Literally my life- Eva Gutowski
- An Awkward Duet- Jon Cozart and Dodie Clark
- What if I- Jessi Smiles
- Alena- Alex G
- Out Loud- Gabbie Hanna
Let me know in the comments if you listen to any of the songs and what you think and if there are any you think I have missed ❤