A little over a month ago I wrote a blog post about the fact that my life is changing quite a bit at the moment- I have started a college course and changed my job role at work so a lot of professional changes and also I am trying to make some personal ones as well 😊 in this post which can be found here I also write some goals which I’ll update on in this post and make some new ones as well ❤️
1. Update my room slightly and do some organisation 😊: I have managed to do a little bit of this recently actually! I have updated my wall of photos and also added some new organisation decor as well. I still feel like I have some way to go to make my room exactly how I’d like it but it’s a good start.
2. Continue cooking weekly for the family 😊: I have been doing this for a while now however in the last month I have been trying new recipies! As a family we are all trying to eat a little bit better so we’ve introduced a rule of at least one vegetarian meal per week which has been really fun 😊
3. Spend time with Maya and take her somewhere nice 😊: This past month I have really made an effort to spend time with Maya and it has honestly been so much fun!! She tried her first puppuchino, we’ve taken her to the seaside twice and I’ve taken her for some lovely walks! This is definitely a goal that I want to move into next month as well.
4. Get my college notes up to date 😊- I started college at the end of April and it’s been pretty cool so far! I’m actually up to date with my notes amazingly as work have been really good at giving me study time and also I have tried my best to spend time studying in my free time as well. I’m currently working my way through Unit 1 at college leading towards an exam in October.
5. Read 2 books- I actually managed to read 5 books this month which was so cool and probably had something to do with me spending 2 weekends at the beach 😊
Over all I think I’ve had a pretty successful month working on my goals so I’m hoping to continue on that trajectory into next month 😊
Next month I have three pretty cool events planned with friends and family and then I’ll also have some personal goals as well which I’m going to list below 😊
Start running again- run at least 4 times this month.
Continue cooking at least one vegetarian dish per week
Stay on top of my college notes and start working on my NPL
Spend time with Maya and take her for nice walks
Continue project bedroom make-over/declutter
Message/see friends I haven’t seen in a while
Let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions of goals or self improvement challenges I should undertake 😊
I absolutely love musical theatre and always buy a programme whenever I go so I thought I would update my last four Theatre Programme collections with the shows that I have seen since as I have been lucky enough to see quite a few 😊
1. This is my programme from when my Mum and I went to see Madame Butterfly at the Royal Opera House which was so good 😊 Madame Butterfly is opera that Miss Saigon is based on which is why my Mum really wanted to go and see it ❤️
2. This is my programme from when I went to see Choir of Man with my Mum and her friend Sandy 😊 it was such a cool show and I loved the audience participation and interactivity however I’m so glad that I was not called up onto the stage! Favourite song: Escape (the pina colada song). Any celebrities in the show? Not that I know of.
3. This is my programme from when I went to MusicalCon which was so amazing! This was the first year that MusicalCon ran and it was so much fun 😊 I would highly recommend going if you are a big Musical fan and it had performances, meet and greets and a huge merch area as well 😊
4. This is my programme from when I went to Once the musical Concert with my Mum which was so so good 😊 it was only on for one day at the Palladium and I thoroughly enjoyed it ❤️ I’ve never seen the show of Once but had heard some of the music before so was intrigued. The staged concert version of the show was really cool as there was still some dialogue and staging but it was a very stripped back version of the show. Favourite song: My favourite song was Falling Slowly. Any celebrities in the show? Carrie Hope Fletcher and Jamie Muscato played the main two characters
5. This is my programme from when I went to see Bonnie and Clyde with my Mum- I really wanted to see this show since seeing them perform at West End Live 2022 so when they announced that they were coming back to the West End after an extended break I was so excited! It’s such a good show with amazing music and very cool set design 😊 Favourite song: The World Will Remember Us. Any Celebrities in the show? Jordan Luke Cage was playing Clyde and also Jodie Steele was in the show as well.
6. This is my programme from when my Mum and I went to see Newsies which is a musical based on the Disney movie 😊 I also managed to grab one of the newspaper clippings from the show as well which is so cool! There are a few opportunities throughout the show to pick these up and they’re a really nice keepsake. The dancing in this show was absolutely incredible!! Favourite song? I think my favourite song is either King of New York or The World Will Know. Any celebrities in the show? Not that I know of.
Let me know in the comments if you have seen any of these shows ❤️
I absolutely love Musicals and concerts and always buy a programme whenever I go so I thought I would update my last three Theatre Programme collections with the shows and concerts that I have seen since as I have been lucky enough to see quite a few 😊
1. This is my programme from when I went to see Little Mix during their Confetti tour and was actually at their 2nd to last night of tour at the o2 in London ❤️ I went with my friend Hannah and it was so so good 😊
2. This is my programme from when I went to West End Live with my Mum at Trafalgar square 😊 This was my 4th time going to West End Live and I always love it and use it as a way to decide what shows to see that year.
3. This is my programme from when I went to see Frozen with my Mum as part of my 25th birthday celebrations. It’s such a good show with amazing costumes and set and the cast was incredible 😊 My favourite song: I think my favourite song would have to be Monster or What do you know about love 😊 Any celebrities in the cast. The show had Samantha Barks playing Elsa who had such a fantastic voice and also Oliver Ormson as Hans.
4. This is my programme from Ed Sheehan’s Mathematics tour which was another part of my 25th birthday celebrations. He played lots of his popular songs and everyone was up and dancing and singing along 😊 His two support acts were Dylan and Maisie Peters who are two artists that I also love.
5. This is my programme from when I went to see Moulin Rouge with my Mum and her friend Ellie- the show is so so good! The set is so cool and feels interactive as there is a pre-show and so you feel like you immediately walk into Paris 😊 Favourite song: I think my favourite song was the Elephant Love Medley. Any celebrities in the cast? Not that I know of.
6. This is my programme from when my Mum and I went to see The Lion King which was so good! I saw this show back when I was like 11 years old so it was so nice to see it again 😊 Favourite song: I think my favourite song is He lives in you Any celebrities in the show? Not that I know of.
Let me know in the comments if you have any theatre programmes 😊
I attended MusicalCon a few weekends ago and I absolutely loved the event- it was lovely to see so many people celebrating musicals and one of my favourite parts of MusicalCon was the marketplace. Lots of independent sellers came to and I ended up buying quite a bit so I thought I would do a haul ☺️
The first shop that I’m going to write about it HandMade Broadway which can be found here on Etsy 😊 this was the stall that I ended up buying the most from with a 2023 diary, musical memoir book, some posters and a few stickers! This stall was one of the busiest and I can see why! I love the designs and am definitely going to be keeping an eye on the website for more things.
The next store is Scrunchies4theatre which can be found here on Etsy here where I bought 3 different scrunchies that I absolutely loved which were a red Hamilton themed scrunchie that says Angelica, a green wicked themed scrunchie that says Defying Gravity and a green Six themed one that says Don’t Lose Your Head. Finally I also picked up some stickers 😊
The third store is Letters to July where I bought a few different sticker packs including &Juliet, Pretty Woman, Hamilton and Heathers and I wanted to buy a few more so I will be doing a haul online at some point 🙂 The bookmark is so cute and is actually in my current book that I am reading 🙂 Finally I bought a pack of Post-its which I think are so cute!
Theatre and Thread is the final store where I bought a few patches which I’m hoping to sew onto a denim backpack at some point 🙂
I actually had a Meet and Greet with Courtney Bowman who was so sweet and as part of that experience you get a printed photo which was really nice 🙂 You also got a free programme as you walked in which was lovely I won a free Water bottle from Box radio!! Finally I got a copy of the new Musical theatre programme which looks SO COOL!!
The final thing I bought was a tote bag to carry all of my purchases!! I actually can’t remember the name of the brand that makes them but its so nice so if anyone does know please leave the name in the comments 🙂
Overall it was an AMAZING weekend and I will actually have a blog post coming up all about the performances and other bits and pieces that happened throughout the weekend 🙂
Let me know in the comments if you went to MusicalCon 2022 or if you would want to go next year 🙂
I have always loved decorating for Halloween and this year is no different- this year I have been slowly but surely adding more and more Halloween touches to my room until I felt like it was finally finished a few days ago 🙂 There are lots of Disney touches, some Harry Potter and of course lots and lots of pumpkins 🙂 I always feel like decorating for the different seasons always helps to get me into the spirit of the season whether thats decorating for Halloween or Christmas or summer 🙂 I haven’t purchased too many bits this year because I am trying to save money and also I already had quite a few bits 🙂
Let me know in the comments how you have decorated for Halloween 😊
For the last few years I have written a bucket list every Autumn which I always love doing and also completing 🙂 I decided to continue the tradition this year however I am not going to be around for Halloween this year so its a bit of a smaller list this year. Some of them are things that I wanted to redo because I had such a lot of fun doing them last year and some are new things or are extended from last year 🙂
Read 2 Halloween themed books
Watch Hocus Pocus 2
Buy Maya a Halloween Toy
Buy Maya a Halloween Outfit
Carve a Pumpkin
Write a Halloween Blog Post
Burn a Pumpkin Candle
Make a Spooky Hot Chocolate
Halloween Movie Night
Decorate for Halloween
Halloween Make-up Look
Lush Halloween Haul
Let me know in the comments if you have any ideas for what to add to this list 🙂
On the 9th of July 2020 I uploaded my Month 1 aims for my Changing my life series and now I’ve just finished Chapter 18 of my Changing My Life series and am very excited to get started on my Chapter 19 aims 🙂
Favourite quote of the month: If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it!
This month has been pretty busy but also lots of fun with lots of amazing plans with family and friends although I did end up in the hospital for 5 days which was definitely not fun or in the plan!! I’m doing much better now but still on the mend so taking it slowly and day by day 🙂
Spend lots of time with family and friends 🙂 At the end of last month I went to the theatre to see Moulin Rouge with my Mum and her friend which was so much fun 🙂 I had never seen the movie but it is definitely now in my to be watched list! I also met with one of my friends Dorothy and we went out for cocktails and tacos which was such a lot of fun 🙂 We meet up every few weeks to every few months depending on how busy we both are but its always nice to see her 🙂 I also did a day trip to Oxford to go and see my friend Anna with my friend Hannah which was such a lot of fun and we had such a lovely day 🙂
Spend lots of time with Maya and continue to work on her training 🙂 I have spent a lot of time with Maya over the last week and a bit due to not being well but we also earlier in the month took her to the beach at Selsey for probably the last time this year which was so much fun 🙂 We ended up leaving to go to the beach at 11pm on the day I got back from the beach which was so funny 🙂
Continue to cook twice a week- I was doing so well with my cooking journey however since being ill I haven’t really been cooking very much in the last two weeks however probably after this week I will start getting back into it 🙂 Before that I had cooked a chilli paneer which was super delicious, a harissa chicken naan, teryiaki chicken, thai style pork bowl and naanizas and pasta 🙂
Organise my room a bit more- I have a lot more bits that I want to do with regards to tidying my bedroom however I have managed to sell a few of my depop items and one of my vinted items which was pretty cool, I also sorted through my TBR reading cart and have ordered some Halloween decor ready for October!!
Celebrate Jamies birthday- The day of my brothers birthday was actually the day that I got ill however they have since managed to pop round for a BBQ so we could give him his presents and also eat some cake (because who doesn’t want cake for their birthday!)
Continue on my reading journey :)- I have managed to do a bit of reading in the last month including: Where the Crawdads Sing, Before the Coffee Gets cold, Finding Cinderella and Little Fires Everywhere 🙂 I have also done a major book haul in the last month which I have written a post about which can be found here.
The last month has been such a roller-coaster but I’m super excited for next month as I have lots of nice things planned including a little trip abroad and lots of other bits 🙂
Cook twice a week
Spend a week in Bruges and Brussels with Hannah 🙂
See a West End Show
Continue on my reading journey 🙂
Tidy my bedroom and sort through my stuff
Spend time with Maya and continue on with her training
Decorate for Halloween!
Let me know in the comments if you have any ideas what I can use for my aims for my next chapter 🙂
This month has been a bit of a weird one however I have still got some favourites that I figured I would share with you guys.
WonderWater by L’Oreal- It was actually my Mum who recommended that I try this hair treatment because I have such long hair it is always getting really tangly so I have been used this the last few times that I washed my hair and it is absolutely AMAZING! You can literally feel the tangles melting out of your hair and your hair feels so soft and nice afterwards 🙂
Only Murders in the building Season 2- I absolutely loved the first season of Only Murders in the building so when they announced that they were doing a Season 2 I was so happy!! I must admit that I didn’t think that this season was as strong as the previous season but I did really enjoy it! 🙂 I’m very intrigued to see what they do with Season 3 as well!
Animal Crossing- New Horizons: I have always been someone who played my DS very occasionally however as I have been ill over the past two weeks I found myself reaching for my Nintendo and one of my favourite DS games has always been Animal Crossing 🙂 I love being able to build my town and buy different things to make everything look pretty and sectioning off parts of my island for different things 🙂 It has made me think that I would like to play it a bit more even when I’m back at work 🙂 Let me know in the comments if you guys would be interested in an island tour on here 🙂
Blonde- Maisie Peters: I am a big fan of Maisie Peters and have been loving all of her newest music and Blonde was no exception! The lyrics are hilarious and amazing and it is such a bop that you can’t help dancing along 🙂 I am so looking forward to being able to sing along and dance to all of her new music on her next tour which I believe is next February 🙂
Let me know in the comments what you have been loving this month 😊
When I heard that Demi was releasing a new album and also that they were returning to their rock roots I was so so excited!!! I am a big Demi fan and have been since her first album and I have a tradition on this blog where I make a post whenever one of my favourite artists makes a new album or I particularly love an album I write about some of my favourite songs and lyrics which I actually did for Demis last album as well Dancing with the Devil.
Skin of My Teeth
City of Angels
F**k the theatrics, what happened to classic? / Give me the real s**t, give me the magic- Substance
I tried to be your hero, I lent you my voice, I was your poster child, it was working for a while, But it didn’t fill the void- Happy Ending
My demons are on the hunt, But my angels taught me how to run, I got two wolves inside of me, But I decide which one to feed- Feed
Asking why doesn’t make it easier, Go easier on me- Skin of my Teeth
Had me in your grip, went beautifully with, All my daddy issues and this sh*t continues- 29
Petal on the vine, too young to drink wine, Just five years a bleeder, student and a teacher- 29
I know the part I’ve played before, I know the sh*t that I’ve ignored, I know the girl that you adored, She’s dead, it’s time to fu**ing mourn- Eat Me
At Disneyland, You know I skip the lines- City of Angels
I’m the fruit that was forbidden, But don’t keep my evil hidden, I’m the one she was afraid of, Now I’m what your dreams are made of- Holy Fvck
I can’t help it, guess I’m a heathen, Going to hell ’cause it feels like heaven- Heaven
Let me know in the comments if you have a favourite album or song by Demi Lovato 🙂