1. What was the first musical you ever saw? I saw Wicked on the West End with my Mum and brother when I was really young which I absolutely loved and started my obsession with Musical Theatre 🙂 I then went to see Billy Elliot the day before I started secondary school with my Mum and since then have been to a musical at least once a year if not more especially in the last few years I’ve been going to more and more shows 🙂
2. What was your favourite musical growing up? Wicked for SURE!
3. Were you ever in a musical? I wish ❤
4. What was the first musical you saw on Broadway? I went to New York with my family when I was like 12 and we saw The Little Mermaid but I don’t really remember it so I would say my first proper Broadway show was On Your Feet two years ago and then I also went to see Dear Evan Hansen and Anastasia in November 2018.
5. If you could be any female character in any musical who would you be and why? Hmmm- I have always wanted to play Elphaba from Wicked but I think more recently it would have to be Angelica from Hamilton 🙂
6. Which male character? I don’t know why but I’ve always wanted to play Emmett from Legally Blonde!
7. Favourite musical song to sing in the shower? Chip on your shoulder, Michael in the Bathroom or First Burn (Technically not in a musical but from the Hamildrops so I think it still counts <3)
8. Who is your favourite theatre actress? Oooo Christy Altomare was absolutely amazing in Anastasia and she seems like such a nice person or Millie Connell was amazing in Six and so funny!
9. Actor? Jeremy Jordan or Ben Platt I can’t decide!
10. Favorite film adaptation of a musical? Mamma Mia 🙂
11. What do you think is most underrated musical? Oooo Everybodys Talking About Jamie- I absolutely loved the show but I think because it hasn’t transferred over to Broadway I haven’t heard too many people talking about it.
12. Overrated musical? I don’t think that any musical that I have seen so far has been overhyped 🙂
13. What musical made you cry? Waitress!
14. What musical made you laugh? Six- Love that show!
15. Are there any musicals you saw and hated? Not that I can recall- there have been shows that I haven’t enjoyed as much as others but none that I haven’t enjoyed at all
16. What musical do you want to see as a film? Oooo In the Heights which I believe is actually being done!
17. Which musicals are you dying to see? Be More Chill which is coming to the West End next year or Come From Away which I have still yet to see! I would love to see Mean Girls as well but thats currently only on in Broadway
18. Any movie or book you think should be turned into a musical? Hmmm- maybe Shes the Man or Wild Child? I’m not sure how it would work but I absolutely loved those films as a teenager and I feel like the musical adaptations of Mean Girls and Legally Blonde have been pretty successful 🙂
19. What is your all-time favourite musical? I honestly don’t think I could pick just one! Top 6?
- Everybodys Talking About Jamie
- Dear Evan Hansen
Let me know in the comments your answers to these questions 🙂