Whilst scrolling through YT recently I came across this tag where you talk about what you would grab if your house caught fire and you could only grab ten things (provided ur family and pets were all safe <3) and thought it was such a cool idea as it is such a personal thing as different people have different things that are sentimental to them 🙂
- Phone + Laptop and chargers: I would grab these because they have all of the photos I have ever taken on them which I definitely wouldn’t want to lose as they have irreplaceable photos and videos from my life that are not stored anywhere else.
- My Pandora Bracelet- My mum gave me this bracelet for my 21st/my graduation and I wore it on my graduation day so it just reminds me of being surrounded by my family and uni friends at my graduation and my 21st birthday as well 🙂
- Scrapbooks + Ticket Books- So I have two different ways of documenting things- I have my ticket books where I basically stick in every ticket from everywhere I go whether its to the cinema, a west end show or a train/plane ticket. Then I have my Scrapbooks where I stick in photos and other random things for every event in my life whether its a friends birthday party, a night out, a holiday 🙂
- Purse- I would grab my purse so that I could re-purchase anything important from my house and room!
- Box of birthday cards- Since I was around 13 I started collecting cards whenever people gave them to me so now I have a massive box of cards from birthdays, christmas, congratulations cards from going off to uni, graduation etc which are all so special to me 🙂
- Friendship box – In 2016 when I went off to uni my two best friends from high school Hannah and Anna and I started a tradition where we would send letters to each other as we were all at different unis so it was always lovely to arrive home from a long day of lectures to find a letter from one of ur friends on ur bed 🙂 I have kept all of them in a box so that I can read back through them along with some other moments from our friendship such as polaroids and photos 🙂
- Guess how much I love you Bunny- When I was little my mum would always read me a book called Guess How Much I love You which was about two bunnies and a few years ago she bought me a toy bunny from the book which has become one of my favourite things from my room.
- Books- As most of you will already know I absolutely love reading and I have a few books which really mean something to me and have a few books that have been signed for example I have a book by Jaqueline Wilson that she signed for me which will always remind me of my childhood which is why I would definitely grab that and also I have a book signed by Carrie Hope Fletcher when I met her at the Les Mis stage door which also means a lot to me 🙂
- Show Programmes- I have a programme from basically every single West End and Broadway show that I have ever seen including some which have been signed because I went to the stage door after the show and I can remember exactly when I went to the show and who I went with so they are really special to me 🙂
- My two handdrawn signs: I have been really lucky that I have such amazing friends and for my 18th birthday one of my high school friends Ansha drew me a sign of my favourite 5SOS lyrics from Disconnected which is one of my favourite 5SOS songs! Then last summer my two best friends Anna and Hannah drew me a sign of one of my favourite Disney lyrics from Mulan which was waiting for me when I came home from hospital after my surgery last summer so both of them always make me smile and make me think of my friends 🙂
Let me know in the comments if you agree with my picks or if you would grab something different!