When I was younger my family and I would always go to Jersey for our family holiday because it is only an hour flight away and has lots of lovely beaches 😊 We haven’t been there as a family in quite a few years so we decided that for my Dad’s 50th birthday we would take a trip down memory lane and go to Jersey for the weekend 😊 On the 16th of May my mum surprised my dad and told him that the two of them were going to Jersey for the weekend and they flew that night. On the 17th my brother Billy and I dropped Maya at my mums best friends house, locked up the house, picked my brother Jamie up and drove to the airport where we met Jamie’s fiancée Emma ready to fly to Jersey. We surprised my Dad that night in the Wildfire Grill where him and my mum were having dinner 😊
The next morning we had breakfast in the hotel which is right by St Helier beach and then headed off to the Jersey War tunnels which were so interesting!!! We learnt all about what happened to the Channel Islands during the Second World War and also learnt about some of the individual stories of some of the people who decided to stay on the island.
After the war tunnels we went to lunch at Pizza Express and then went to St Brelades Bay for a while where I spent my time reading Every Colour of You by Amelia Mandeville and then went for a paddle in the sea 😊
After the beach we went back to the hotel, got changed and then went out for dinner at a Thai restaurant which was so nice!!
The next morning we packed up our stuff, and then went to Portelet beach for the morning which was so nice 😊
We then walked to the St Helier castle, walked around for a bit and then got the duck boat back because the tide came in which covered the walkway.
After walking around the castle we went to the spa for an hour before heading to the airport 😞
Overall it was an absolutely lovely trip and I just wish that it was longer 💕
Let me know in the comments if you have ever been to Jersey 😊
At the start of 2019 I decided to go through my Make-up Collection and pick out all of the make-up from non-cruelty free brands and use it up and then not repurchase 🙂 Since then I have managed to get my make-up collection to completely cruelty free bar a few items which are still on the go but I’m nearly there 🙂 Once I have finished those products I will do a make-up collection 🙂 Since reorganising my Make-up collection a few brands have shown themselves to be firm favourites so I thought I would write a list of some of them 🙂 *DISCLAIMER* All of these brands came up as cruelty free when I looked on https://features.peta.org/cruelty-free-company-search/index.aspx but I don’t know if that site is 100% accurate and I’m still learning. *DISCLAIMER*
- Too Faced- I absolutely love the Too faced highlighters and eyeshadow palettes- I also use the Too faced concealer on a basically daily basis!
- Revolution- Revolution is a drugstore brand which is great because they have some amazing products for great prices- I love the eyeshadow palettes that they have including their collaboration with youtuber SophDoesNails.
- Urban Decay- Naked heat palette!
- Pixi- My mum actually introduced me to Pixi beauty and since then I have absolutely loved them- they have some amazing products and their packaging is beautiful!
- Smashbox- The smashbox primer is my go-to and I also love their eyeshadow palettes 🙂 They have some small eyeshadow palettes which are great for travelling.
- Stila- Stila has some beautiful highlighters and also gorgeous glitter eyeshadows.
- Sleek- The Sleek highlighters and blushes are absolutely amazing.
- Eyeko- Can’t beat this brand for waterproof mascara and eyeliner.
- Charlotte Tilbury- Gorgeous packaging and some fantastic products.
- Soap and Glory- I use the soap and glory shower gels and bodycare products all the time but have only recently expanded into their make-up and I love it! Another drug store brand I love their blushes and Supercat eyeliner.
Let me know in the comments what cruelty free make-up brands you love 🙂
At the end of April I went to see Sarah close in concert with my best friend Hannah and she was absolutely AMAZING!! It reminded me that I hadn’t actually written a blog post detailing my favourite songs by youtubers in a while so I thought I would write an updated list for you guys 🙂 My old post can be found here.
- Monster- Dodie Clark
- Life of the Party- Leadley
- Why Can’t I be a Disney Princess?- Carrie Hope Fletcher
- Out from under you- Niki and Gabi
- Ladyboss- Rachel Bloom
- Who I am- Anna Clendering
- Bitch Please- Jessi Smiles
- Be Myself- Andie Case
- Empty- Olivia O’brien
- Call Me Out- Sarah Close
Let me know in the comments if you have any songs by youtubers that you think I should check out or if you have listened to any of the songs on this list 🙂
I actually went to see Avengers Endgame in London on the opening weekend at the Odeon in Leicester Square with one of my best friends Birunda 🙂 We are both Marvel nerds and it was a fantastic day and I absolutely loved the movie! Since the spoiler ban has now been officially lifted by the Russo brothers I thought I would write a list of some of my favourite quotes/moments from the film 🙂 *STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOILERS!!!!!*
- ‘I am Iron Man’
- Captain America is worthy
- ‘Don’t worry, she’s got help’
- ‘On your left’
- ‘I can do this all day’ ‘yeah yeah I know’
- ‘I went for the head’
- ‘Avengers…… Assemble’
- ‘This one? Really? It was him or a tree’
- ‘You took everything from me. I don’t even know who you are. But you will’
- ‘NO STAIRS!!!!! HATE THE STAIRS!!’
- ‘Activate instant kill’
- Hail Hydra elevator scene
- ‘I love you 3000’
- ‘As far as I’m concerned that’s America’s A**’
- ‘No no give me that. You can have the little one.’
Let me know in the comments if you have seen the film and if you have what your favourite part was 🙂
As most of you probably already know I absolutely Musical Theatre and since I wrote my first post about some of my favourite Musical Theatre Quotes I have been introduced to quite a few new amazing shows so I thought I would write an update 🙂 My other post can be found here. I also wrote two posts on my favourite quotes from Hamilton which can be found here and here.
- I didn’t really mean it but rumours spiral -Six the Musical
- You could perhaps call us the tudor von traps…. nah just kidding we’re called the royalling stones- Six the Musical
- Out of the darkness, into the spotlight -Everybody’s Talking About Jamie
- I expect to run the world in shoes I cannot walk in – Mean Girls The Musical
- She is messy but she’s kind- Waitress
- Heart don’t fail me now, courage don’t desert me – Anastasia
- You and me, but mostly me, Are gonna change the world forever, ‘Cause I can do most everything, And I can stand next to you and watch – Book of Mormon
- Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss- Rent
- You can change the world if you change your mind- Kinky Boots
- If you see the wonder of a fairy tale you can take the future even if you fail- Mamma Mia
Let me know in the comments what your favourite musical quotes are 🙂
- What is your pet’s name?- Maya 🙂
- How did you come up with the name, does it have any specific significance?- It was actually my mum who came up with the name Maya 🙂 We were brainstorming names and came up with Darcy, Maya or Esme and eventually decided on Maya 🙂
- How old is your pet? 13 weeks today 🙂
- When did you get your pet? March 29th 2019
- What breed is your pet? She’s a Border Collie 🙂
- How old were you when you got your pet? 21
- How did you get your pet? One of my Aunts dogs had puppies and we kept going round to see them and fell in love with Maya 🙂
- What is your pets’ favorite food? She has Millies and Wolfheart dry food and then her favourite treats are Liver Cake and Chicken 🙂
- What is your pet’s favourite game? Fetch- because she’s a border collie she has a lot of energy so she loves chasing the ball in the garden 🙂
- Do you go outdoors? If yes, where is your favorite place to go together?- She’s actually not allowed out yet because she’s so young but we can start taking her for walks next Thursday 🙂
- What is the funniest memory involving your pet? Her chasing bubbles out in the garden 🙂
- Does your pet have a nickname and what is it? Baba or MyMy
- Does your pet know any tricks? She knows Sit, Down, Twist, Spin and Touch where she touches her nose to your hand 🙂 She’s starting to learn Wait and Stay at the moment and we’re still working on her recall and getting her to drop her toys when we want her to 🙂
Let me know in the comments if you have a pet and if there’s anything else you want to know about Maya 🙂
In January I decided to write a blog post every two months detailing the books that I had been reading and giving them a rating out of 10 so this is my books that I read in March and April 🙂
- A Girls Best Friend- Lindsey Kelk: 8/10
- Animal Farm- George Orwell: 9/10
- Dear Evan Hansen- Val Emmich: 10/10
- Lord of the Flies: William Golding:6/10
- Misfit- Charli Howard: 6/10
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child- John Tiffany: 5/10
- Watch us Rise- Renne Watson: 9/10
- …. And a happy new year?- Holly Bourne: 10/10
- Am I Normal Yet?- Holly Bourne: 10/10
- How hard can love be?- Holly Bourne: 10/10
Let me know in the comments what you have been reading over the past two months 🙂