Even since I was little I have loved Disney movies, from the magical storylines to the amazing soundtracks there is just something so special about them 🙂 Even now I will often walk round the house singing Disney songs or will curl up and have a Disney Movie marathon and because of this I thought I would make a list of some of my absolute favourite Disney Movies 🙂
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame- This film is a recent favourite as I rewatched this movie before I went to Paris last summer and fell in love with it all over again 🙂 The storyline is amazing and has such a good message- I love Esmerelda as a character, the music in this film is spectacular and the scenery shots of Paris are breathtaking. My favourite songs are God Help the Outcasts and Out There ❤
- The Lion King- The Lion King will always be one of my favourites because when I was around 10 I actually performed I just can’t wait to be king from this film at a local event and this film was one of the first Disney Films that I watched. Whenever I watch this film I feel the same emotions as I did when I watched it for the first time and I generally end up crying and then dancing around the room within about 10 minutes of each other.
- Beauty and the Beast- Beauty and the Beast is actually my oldest brothers favourite Disney movie and so whenever I watch it it reminds me of him which is why this film is one of my favourites 🙂 I really related to Belle when I was younger because I am also a massive bookworm and I love the 2017 version of this film with Emma Watson as Belle because I love the extra layers she is able to bring to the character ❤
- Tangled- Please don’t hate me but I think this might be my favourite Disney film………. I love the story, the songs are spectacular and I See the Light is my all time favourite Disney song! This film has made me want to go to a Magic lantern festival because it looks so beautiful 🙂 Flynn is my favourite Disney prince because he has so many layers and we get to see him develop so much throughout the course of the film alongside Rapunzel.
- The Little Mermaid- If you ask anyone in my family then they will tell you that I have always wanted to be a Mermaid because I love swimming and will always be the last out of the pool so it only makes sense that this would be one of my favourite Disney films. Ursula always kind of scared me when I was younger especially during her song Poor Unfortunate Souls but I love Ariel and Eric so much and of course good always triumphs over evil.
- Frozen- Frozen was the first Disney film I saw in theatres and I believe I went back and saw it about 4 times overall…… I mean whats not to love- great music, not one but two princesses and a villain who I think everyone can agree is one of the most horrible in Disney history! I also love that this movie focuses more on the sibling bond between Anna and Elsa than the romantic side.
- Moana- As a massive fan of Lin Manuel Miranda when I heard that he was writing some of the music for this film I was beyond excited and he did not disappoint! The voice of Auli’i Cravalho compliments the music beautifully and my favourite song from this film would have to be How Far I’ll go ❤
- Aladdin- About a year ago I went to see Aladdin The Musical in the West End and it reignited my love of this movie- Jasmine is a fierce independent princess who is sick of living her life stuck in the castle and I love some of the one liners that Jasmine has including: I am not a prize to be won! Jafar is one of the creepiest Disney villains and the song a Whole New World has to be one of the best Disney songs!
- Hercules- This film never fails to make me smile whether its because of Hades and his epic one liners or the stupidity of Pain and Panic I always finish watching this film and find that I’m in a really good mood 🙂 Megara or Meg as her friends call her- well they would if she had any friends- is so funny and I won’t say I’m in love is such an amazing song 🙂 The muses are hilarious and can you tell that I just love everything about this movie? Hercules is actually my middle brothers favourite Disney movie and I can definitely see why.
- Mulan- Mulan is definitely not your average Disney princess which is what I love about her- she was one of the first badass Disney princesses that I can across and I found that truly inspiring at the time and still do. She showed me that girls can do anything boys can do and to chase after what I want and to protect the people that I love. It helps that she has an epic sidekick in Mushu and that the soundtrack is absolutely breathtaking 🙂
Let me know in the comments if there are any Disney Movies that you feel should have been on this list and what your favourites are- I wish I could have put every single Disney movie on this list ❤