Some of you may have read my previous blog post which listed my Top 15 Tv Shows: https://gracethoroughgoodbeauty.wordpress.com/2016/06/20/my-top-15-tv-shows/. However since this blog post I have binge watched quite a few Tv shows so I thought I would add to my list ❤
- Gilmore Girls- The revival of the original Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life came out on Netflix earlier this year which everyone raved about because the original show was such a classic so I thought it only fair to watch a few episodes to see if I enjoyed it 🙂 I was binge watching it every spare second I had even watching it on the train to and from uni The show follows Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter Rory ❤ The most prominent relationship in the show is the bond between mother and daughter which I found refreshing but it also shows the friendships and romantic relationships of all the people of their little town of Stars Hollow.
- Riverdale- I’m sure many people have heard of this show because it has been a massive hit on Netflix 🙂 I first heard about this show due to the fact that Cole Sprouse plays one of the characters. Personally my favourite character is Veronica because she is such a BadAss. Based on the Archie comics the series focuses on the murder of Jason blossom and looks at the town of Riverdale in the wake of this tragedy.
- 13 Reasons Why- Based on the book by Jay Asher this show was originally meant to be a movie with Selena Gomez playing the lead role of Hannah Baker however it got turned into a 13 episode mini-series with Selena Gomez as executive producer and Katherine Langford playing the role of Hannah. All of the actors and actresses who were in this show played their roles beautifully, it has an amazing soundtrack and the story is absolutely heartbreaking ❤ This show follows Clay Jenson who finds a box of tapes on his front door- the tapes were made by Hannah Baker who recently commited suicide and take the viewer and Clay through the 13 reason why she killed herself.
- Broadchurch- When this show first came out I heard so many people raving about it including my mum who couldn’t wait to talk about it with someone however I never got round to watching it 😦 A little while back my mum mentioned season 3 was coming out so I decided to finally sit down and watch it 🙂 The series follows DI Alex Hardy and DS Ellie Miller as they investigate the murder of a young boy in the first season, the murder of two teenage girls in the second season and the rape of a woman in the third season ❤
- Orange is the New Black- The series begins with Piper Chapman going to prison because of a drugs crime she committed alongside her ex-girlfriend Alex Vause many years ago. The series then follows Piper as she becomes involved in prison life and looks at the lives of the many interesting characters she meets through her time there. The series is funny, heartbreaking at times and touches on some very serious issues. Overall it is a great watch and I binge watched the 4 series which are on Netflix within a few weeks.
- New Girl- Based off a recommendation by Sophie Foster I decided to start watching this show and I’m so glad I did 🙂 This show is the perfect pick me up on a bad day and is so funny! With Zooey Deschanel playing the lead role Jess day who after she breaks up with her boyfriend must find a new apartment, she eventually moves in with Schmidt, Coach and Nick and starts developing feelings for one of them 🙂
- Big Bang Theory- This series is a great watch and is absolutely hilarious 🙂 I had seen a few episodes here and there but when I got ill last year I decided to actually sit down and watch the whole series 🙂 Its a very easy watch and quickly became an all time favourite of mine 🙂 The series follows scientists Sheldon Cooper and Leonard Hofstadter and how their lives change when Penny moves in across the hall from their apartment, Leonard is instantly attracted to Penny and wants to make a good impression but will they be able to make a relationship work? It also follows their friends Amy, Raj, Howard and Bernadette as they also navigate their relationships and friendships 🙂
- Zoey 101- Whilst going through old Nickelodeon theme songs with my brother I came across the Zoey 101 themesong and it bought back so many memories that I decided to rewatch the series 🙂 Despite the fact that this is a kids/teenagers show I loved it just as much as I did when I first watched it quite a few years ago 🙂 The show is set at PCA where new student Zoey Brooks moves into her new dorm- the show then follows Zoey and her friends as they navigate high school 🙂
- Series of unfortunate events- Based on the best selling books by Lemony Snicket this series follows the three Baudelaire orphans- Violet, Claus and Sunny, when they are placed under the care of Count Olaf ,played by Neil Patrick Harris, who will stop at nothing to steal the Baudelaire fortune including following them from guardian to guardian dressed up in ridiculous costumes.
- Famous in Love- Written and produced by Marlene King who also wrote and produced Pretty Little Liars this show is about Paige Townsen played by Bella Thorne who gets the role of a lifetime in an upcoming hollywood blockbuster- can Paige manage to keep herself grounded as she is skyrocketed into stardom? Will Paige fall for her new celebrity co-star or will she finally have the courage to tell her best friend how she feels?
Let me know in the comments what your favourite Tv Shows are and if you think I have missed any out 🙂