- Me Before You- Based upon the book by JoJo Moyes this film is absolutely heartbreaking but in a good way and I will never forget that feeling which is why this film is one of my all time favourite films along with the next film on this list. It follows the story of Will Traynor who becomes paralysed in a motorcycle accident. Louisa Clarke finds an ad for a caregiver and takes the job and the two begin to fall in love. But will their love be too little too late? Can Louisa make Will fall in love with life again?
- Love Rosie- Seeing as this is my best friend Hannah’s favourite film and she did not stop going on about it 😛 I decided to give it a go and sit down and watch it about 2 years ago. This film had me screaming at my laptop in a good way and I have watched it many times since then. Based upon the book Where Rainbows End by Cecila Ahern this film follows best friends Rosie and Alex as they navigate their friendship whilst growing up. Through children, marriage and divorces can they keep their friendship alive or will they fall apart? and what about that kiss on Rosie’s 18 birthday………?
3. How to lose a guy in 10 days- Andie Anderson- a how to magazine reporter- decides to write an article about how to get a guy to break up with you in 10 days however the guy she picks Ben Berry has made a bet with his friends that he can make a girl fall in love with him in 10 days….. what could go wrong? 4. The Edge of 17- Hailee Steinfeld plays the main character in this hilarious, heart wrenching coming of age movie which had me crying with both laughter and sadness in the cinema. As soon as I got home I preordered the movie and have watched it many times since that first time in the cinema 🙂 It follows Hailee Steinfeld as she tries to navigate the harsh realities which come with growing up 🙂 This film is a definite must see and is the perfect movie to watch with ur BFFs on a girlie night 🙂5. Easy A- I had heard a lot about this film so one night whilst I was bored I decided to put in on……. I couldn’t believe it had taken me this long to watch this movie!!! It had me rolling on the floor laughing and has such an important message 🙂 This film is about a girl called Olive who lies about losing her virginity to her best friend and the spiral of events which transpire due to this one lie. 6. Mean girls- This film is such a classic but I didn’t actually watch it until I was around 17….. tragic I know!! I have definitely made up for lost time though 😛 For anyone who doesn’t know anything about this film (What rock have you been hiding under??) it follows Cady as she moves from being homeschooled by her parents in Africa to a public highschool in America. She quickly befriends the Plastics, the resident mean girls, and their leader Regina George. Can Cady remain true to her roots or will she be sucked into ‘girl world’. 7. The Duff- When Bianca learns that she is the Duff (designated ugly fat friend) in her friendship group she decides to reinvent herself with the help of her next door neighbour Wesley. During her journey of self discovery will Bianca be able to make the boy of her dreams fall in love with her or will she realise that the person she really wants is right in front of her?
8. Music and Lyrics- As a massive Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore fan I had high hopes for this film and it certainly didn’t disappoint 🙂 Hugh Grant plays former pop star Alex Fletcher who decides to write a song for Cora Coleman, however he struggles to come up with lyrics so links up with Sophie Fisher who has a way with lyrics 🙂 The two become closer through the writing process but is this a recipe for disaster or a match made in heaven?
9. Chalet Girl- As a massive Gossip Girl fan I decided to explore some of the actors and actresses other projects and came across chalet girl starring Ed Westwick who plays a very rich man called Jonny who’s family hire Kim to work for them at their chalet. Kim soon learns to snowboard whilst there and develops a close relationship with Jonny who is engaged…… can Kim win Jonny’s heart and win the big snowboarding competition?
10. The Princess Diaries- After reading the Princess diaries series by Meg Cabot I realised there was a movie so I decided to sit down and watch it 🙂 For anyone who doesn’t know the princess diaries follows Mia after her world is turned upside down by her Grandmother who is the Queen of a small county called Genovia…… Mia is the only rightful heir to the throne… but can she take on the challenge of becoming a princess?
Let me know in the comments what your favourite Rom-Coms are 🙂